Training for a 1/2 marathon can be daunting by yourself. But, with a group, it suddenly not only becomes possible, but life changing. Join us at each of our retail locations for our Half Marathon Training groups. These are specifically designed to make sure each and every person that wants to finish the 1/2 marathon will accomplish their goal. You aren’t too slow, too big or too old. (Aren’t these most of the reasons we convince ourselves not to try?!) You are perfect just the way you are and now a perfect time to start.
Columbia Group Training Opportunities
• Training runs will be on Monday evenings from Cycle Extreme at 5:30PM, Wednesday evenings at 5:45PM and Saturday mornings at 8:00AM. Wednesday and Saturday runs will begin from Ultramax Sports at 700 Broadway.
• Ideally, you should be able to run or walk for 45-60 minutes at a time. However, we welcome all beginners
• Training for a race gives us motivation to stay active!
• All you need are shoes and running gear.
• Cost: This training group is free of cost! You will only be responsible for your race entry into the race for which the group is training. To get the latest information on these groups, join our Ultramax Running FB page at https://www.facebook.com/UltramaxRunning or e-mail email@example.com to get added to our listserv.
Kansas City Training Opportunities
Saturday Morning Runs
Year Around, free training group, meets 7AM during the fall and winter and at 6:30AM during the spring and summer. Course is always set up for 10 miles, 5 miles out and 5 miles back. Water aid stations every 2 miles on the course. Courses are pre-mapped with turn arrows and mile markers. Courses change weekly and go in multiple directions from Ultramax Sports (6911 Tomahawk Rd Prairie Village KS 66208). All paces and distances are welcome. For more info call 913-403-0507
No excuses to get that body into shape and be healthy in 2015