It’s simple – if you don’t have results, you don’t have an event! We understand your needs because we’re in the sports production business ourselves. When we first started, we realized that timing had to be more that posting results on the side of a building.
Ultramax Sports is a comprehensive, full-service event timing, production, and retail company. Our core mission is Shop, Train, and Race! Ultramax has been in the sports management business for the past 15 years and has provided timing and event services to more than 200 events. Ultramax Sports was recently selected to produce and provide timing for the 2013 AT&T All Star 5K Run in Kansas City, MO.
The Ultramax team is 100% focused and committed to the total event experience. We provide turnkey chip timing, equipment rentals, event management, logistics, marketing and promotional solutions to a wide spectrum of events. Our expertise includes running events, triathlons, duathlons, obstacle races, cycling races and tours, adventure races, and multi-day sports productions. We specialize in advanced timing services, complex timing solutions, and comprehensive event equipment services. Ultramax directly owns and manages more than 18 events each year, including two USA Triathlon National Championship events.
Our team understands the importance of quality event timing, equipment, and productions. The Ultramax staff has a strong background in the world of multi-sport and is lead by three USA Triathlon Certified Event Directors. The Ultramax brand now ranks among the most recognized event companies in the nation. We are in the sports management business full-time and we understand exactly what it takes to deliver amazing event productions!
Ultramax was the official timing company for all six 2011 USA Triathlon National Championship Events.
Ultramax does not rely on contracted staff services. Our full-time and part-time crews work year-long and have a great understanding of event operations. Our team is ready and capable of delivering the best events possible. We encourage you to check with our references. We believe our reputation will speak for itself.
CLICK HERE TO REQUEST A QUOTE OR MORE INFORMATION
Some of the advanced timing options below are not included in our standard timing contacts. Additional fees will apply for some advanced services.
• DATA MANAGEMENT AND REGISTRATION - The pre-race registration data will be imported into our software before the opening of the packet pickup process. For new registrations received at packet pickup and on race morning, we propose to utilize our manual registration process. Our team has the ability to oversee and manage the packet pickup process. We work your existing volunteer staff plans as we integrate our registration director into the process.
• VIRTUAL REGISTRATION - We can provide and set up multiple computer stations at packet pickup. Athletes simply register themselves as they arrive at packet pickup. We can even process credit cards, checks and cash transactions with this service.
• CUSTOM REGISTRATION RECEIPTS – We can set up multiple computer terminals at the entry to the packet pickup / expo area. Pre-registered participants simply report to one of those stations as step one of the packet pickup process. The volunteers operating those stations will search the entrant by last name and print out a personal registration 3” thermal paper receipt or a custom printed 8.5” X 11” event flyer. This system will print the bib number, name, age, sex, t-shirt size, team name, distance and anything else needed for packet pickup. The participant will take this receipt / flyer to pick up the correct bib number, packet, and shirt as they complete the packet pickup process. This is a proprietary Ultramax Sports service and is very popular with our larger events.
• E-REGISTRATION RECEIPTS - We can send the personalized packet pickup receipt / flyer digitally via email before the athlete arrives to packet pickup. Your athlete can simply print out and bring with them to packet pickup. This allows them to bypass the registration receipt / flyer step. This email is html formatted so it can be completely customized to fit sponsor and event objectives.
• LIVE ONLINE RESULTS - We will upload the results from the race site to our results website every few minutes. Our online results are posted in a searchable database format. Athletes, friends and families can easily search and find results they want. We will provide you with a graphic and web link in advance of the race. This will make race results immediately accessible from your website on race day.
• RACE DAY RESULTS - Our goal is to provide your event with posted and printed results every few minutes (starting just minutes after the first finisher crosses the finish line). We propose to post results at multiple locations for easy access by the participants. Results will include overall finish time, division and overall position, net time from the division winner, split times and pace information. Results will be posted within minutes of the first finisher!
• LIVE ANNOUNCER SCREEN - We will set up a dedicated computer to provide your race announcer(s) with live monitoring of the finish line. The announcer will be able to see name, city, state, and division as the athletes cross the finish line.
• AWARD RESULTS - We can print specific award result sheets that are customized and printed for your awards ceremony. This makes the entire awards process run much smoother. We can provide award results as soon as needed.
• ULTRAMAX RESULTS LIVE PRINT STATION - This feature has quickly become our most popular advanced timing services. We will set up an area with multiple computer terminals and printers. Participants simply walk up to get a personal printout of their individual results. Results can be printed on either 3” thermal receipt paper or on a full color certificate. Race Name, date, overall finish time, pace, splits, overall place, gender place, division place and more can be printed. This is a great way to make that important last impression.
• CUSTOM EMAIL RACE RESULTS - We can deliver custom results via graphical e-mail notifications immediately post-event. These results are emailed directly from the race site and can include each racer’s personal finish time, splits and gender, division and overall place. The participants will have access to their results before they get home from the event!
• EXTERNAL DATA - Hard copy and e-mail (HTML and PDF) results will be delivered to the event director on race day. We can provide event data for photographer(s) and even provide live external data feeds.
• TIMING/SCORING AREA - We can supply our own sheltered scoring area, tables, equipment and needed power supply.
• ADDITIONAL SPLIT TIMING LOCATIONS - We can provide multiple split locations depending on the needs of your event.
• SANCTION/AGENCY DATA - We are happy to provide your data in the format needed to submit to outside sanctioning, certification agencies and or photograph companies. We also provide your event with a complete set of data after the event.
• DATA BACKUP - We always utilize a backup system. We primarily use a ‘Time Machine’ to perform backup at most events. In some applications we recommend using video and other methods.
• Live Ustream Finish Line Feed - We can set up a video camera and feed the finish line live to a pre-setup Ustream account. Friends and family can log on and see the finish line activity live.
Our chip timing technologies, software and equipment are simply the best available. Ultramax will operate three of the most advanced chip timing systems in the world. We can provide systems that offer a greener chip recycling option or the very latest in disposable race numbers with embedded timing chips. Ultramax provides live timing services to more than 70 contracted events each year. We deliver timing solutions to events ranging from 200 to over 15,000 finishers. Our timing crews have the technical training and equipment needed to handle the most complicated timing situations.
IPICO SPORTS TIMING SYSTEMS - Chip Recycling Option
Our most enviromentally-friendly timing chip option – The IPICO Sports Timing system offers considerable performance advantages over alternative technologies. This same technology is used in homeland defense, tracking of explosives and in vehicle identification. The high read-range and robust anti-collision mechanism allow successful timing locations for events with the most demanding environmental conditions and high densities of participants, all with virtually 100% accuracy. The timing tags are roughly half the size of a credit card and are worn on a shoe. The tag is absolutely non-intrusive to runners. This is our most popular option for running events.
MYLAPS BIBTAG SYSTEMS - The Disposable Race Number / Chip Option
The Disposable Race Number Chip Option – The BibTag System is the very latest in timing technology. This system combines the race number and the timing tag into a more friendly handling process. This system dramatically reduces the time needed to handle, issue and recover timing chips. The modular mat design allows a flexible width for each timing point. The accuracy of results are simply amazing and the system can handle extremely high volumes of start and finish line passes
MY LAPS TIMING SYSTEMS - High Speed – Super Accurate
The Perfect Solution for Cycling, Lap Races and Non-Traditional Sports Timing – The AMB Chip X System is one of the most advanced chip timing systems in the world today. The ChipX system can accurately score up to 80 ProChips per second, at speeds up to 50 mph. It is the perfect and perhaps only real solution for multi-sport, cycling and high speed lap events. The Active system has been designed to provide accurate results to 1/100th of a second and a 100% capture rate without the need for redundant back-up points. The detection loop is adjustable to a full 12m (39 ft) depending on your course layout needs. The loop/wires can be taped directly to the course surface or even embedded. They are very low profile and will not interfere with sprint finishes. There are NO mats to run, ride or swim over.
SPECIALIZED CYCLING CHIP TIMING
Our timing division has a lot of experience with chip timing cycling events. With bikes flying by the finish line at 30+ mph, accurate hand scoring and even video recording for EVERY participant is simply not a feasible or even accurate option. Whether it’s a criterium, time trial, road race or mountain bike race, we provide results “LIVE” as the race progresses. Our timing system works for your event by providing your announcer and official staff with their own view of live rider passings for the entire race field, as it happens. As racers complete the race or each lap of th
e course, it’s critical to have a scoring system that accurately tracks each racer’s efforts. Our software keeps tabs on each riders laps, race category and so much more. Continuously updated “LIVE” results are provided via computer terminals throughout the event as racers finish.
The capability of scoring the entire race field and providing immediate and accurate results will help attract and motivate both veteran and new cycling participants. Our timing system has virtually eliminated the historical dispute issues that seem to come standard with the sport of cycling.
“JUST HOW ACCURATE IS IT?”
Our timing system recorded over 20,000 individual rider passings at the 2008 Tour de Wing Haven and the Glencoe Grand Prix Criteriums. The entire system performed flawlessly, the data was recorded without a single missed chip read!
The professional field at the Glencoe Grand Prix had a truly amazing photo finish outcome. Our AMB Chip X system scored the winner at a margin of .001 seconds. Three race officials and this digital photo taken confirmed the outcome. This system simply delivers as advertised!
•COMING IN 2014 – POSTMYTIME.COM - Ultramax Sports is preparing to launch a new interactive web-based application that will revolutionize the way we can deliver results to athletes, friends, family and spectators. Our PostMyTime.com (PMT) concept is designed as a web application designed to auto-detect mobile devices, laptops and desktop computers. One of, if not the most important parts of event/race production is the delivery of race results.
Everything about an event revolves around the delivery of those results. Every event we own or contract with is centered around the results collection and the results delivery process. Until now there has only been a few creative ways to deliver these results. We propose to utilize the power of the mobile device to interact with the participants, spectators, friends, family and even the media. Text messaging, social media, smart phones, mobile pad devices and the availability of internet access has changed the way we can deliver results, information and present sponsorship exposures.
The PMT interactive system has the ability to deliver exposures and impressions not possible with traditional marketing methods. Virtually 100% of Ultramax Sports participants, friends and family will access and use and be exposed to the PMT system and it’s content. Our goal is simple! The more people we can engage in the results delivery and social medial sharing process the stronger marketing effect we will have for our owned and contracted events. Additional fees may apply to this service.
• SOCIAL MEDIA RESULTS INTEGRATION — PMT will give your participants, spectators, friends and family the ability to send race results to their choice of social media platforms. This will create tremendous exposures for your event. This is not possible with traditional results postings. This expanded marketing will be an added benefit for the event.