The 2013 Triathlon season is well under way in the Midwest! We hope that everyone's training is where they want it to be! It is with great excitement that we announce the Lawrence Triathlon on Sunday, July 21, 2013.
The Lawrence Triathlon will be comprised of two distances: The International and Sprint Distances will cover the beautiful property around Clinton State Park. Athletes can expect rolling hills and smooth roads along the beautiful countryside of Douglas County.
To learn more, visit www.gosilverback.com.
As a token of our appreciation to the multi-sport community, we would like to extend the following offer to all of the REGISTERED athletes from the 2013 cancelled Kansas City Triathlon. All REGISTERED athletes from the 2013 Kansas City Triathlon will receive a FREE ENTRY into the Lawrence Triathlon. Yes, that is correct... the entry fee is FREE (Note: If you are not an annual USAT Member, you will still need to pay the $12 one-day fee).
All we ask is that you choose one of the three options below and provide some form of proof that you registered for the event. This offer extends to ALL 2013 registrants. We want to get you racing again!
Here is how the free entry program will work.
OPTION ONE - For those of you traveling in from out of town and cannot get to Ultramax Sports. You can send and email with your registration confirmation from the 2013 Kansas City Triathlon and request a registration code. You will be sent a code within 5 days of the request and you must complete the online registration form prior to the deadline given in the email. The code is only good for your individual registration. Email us at: email@example.com
OPTION TWO - OPTION THREE – Athletes can print out a copy of their registration confirmation from the Kansas City Triathlon to the SILVERBACK tent located at the IRONMAN 70.3 Kansas Expo on June 7th and 8th. Once your previous registration is confirmed, all you have to do is fill out a paper registration and the rest is taken care of from there. Be sure to bring your USAT license!
Please note, we will not be taking any registrations at Ultramax Sports retail stores. Any athletes that come in will now be directed to online registration. Online registration will be open until Thursday at 11:59 PM PST. On-site registration will be available during the scheduled Packet Pick-Up times.
Event Date: Sunday, July 21st, 2013
• International Triathlon Start Time: at 7:30AM
• Sprint Triathlon Start Time: at 7:50AM (tentative)
Event Classification: International and Sprint Triathlon
• International Triathlon = 1.5K Swim - 40K Bike - 10K Run
• Kansas Sprint Triathlon = Lawrence Sprint Triathlon = 500-Meter Swim – 12-Mile Bike – 3-Mile Run
Limited Entry: The race is limited to the first 1,500 entrants
Online registration will closer on Thursday at 11:59 PM PST. Anyone who does not register online by that time, will need to register on-site during the scheduled Athlete Check-In hours. Be sure to bring your photo ID and USAT license!
Lawrence Triathlon Intermediate Entry Fee Schedule:
• Prior to 6/9/13 = $50
• Prior to 6/29/13 = $75
• Prior to 7/18/13 = $95
• On-Site Registration the weekend of the event = $105
Three-Person Relay Team International Triathlon:
• Prior to 6/9/13 = $70
• Prior to 6/29/13 = $95
• Prior to 7/18/13 = $115
• On-Site Registration the weekend of the event = $125
Sprint Triathlon Entry Fee Schedule:
• Prior to 6/9/13 = $40
• Prior to 6/29/13 = $65
• Prior to 7/18/13 = $85
• On-Site Registration the weekend of the event = $95
Three-Person Relay Team Sprint Triathlon:
• Prior to 6/9/13 = $60
• Prior to 6/29/13 = $85
• Prior to 7/18/13 = $105
• On-Site Registration the weekend of the event = $115
** If you are not a USA Triathlon annual member you will be required to pay the $12 single-event fee. Join USAT to avoid these fees!
*The entry fees listed above do not include any credit card or online processing fees.
Just a few things to look forward to at the 2013 Lawrence Triathlon:
• Each participant will receive a custom printed unisex technical shirt. (Please review our t-shirt policy above.)
• Age Division Awards
• Live chip-timed results provided by Ultramax Sports Timing
• Personal Race Results Receipts
• Post race food and drinks
Friday, July 19, 2013:
• 2:00PM - 7:00PM: Packet Pickup & New Registration @ Ultramax Sports - 6911 Tomahawk Rd., Prairie Village, KS
Saturday, July 20, 2013:
• 10:00AM - 5:00PM: Packet Pickup & New Registration - Clinton State Park - Bloomington Beach
Sunday, July 21, 2013:
• 5:00AM - 6:45AM: Packet Pickup & Late Registration @ Clinton State Park - Bloomington Beach - Be prepared for long lines if you choose to pick your packet up on race day!
• 5:00AM - 7:15AM: Transition Area & Body Marking Open
• 7:15AM: Transition Closes - All athletes must exit transition
• 7:30AM: International Wave Starts - Wave Schedule coming soon
• Coming Soon: Sprint Triathlon Race Start - Wave Schedule coming soon
• 10:30AM: International & Sprint Awards Program
• 12:00PM: Race Course Closes
• 12:00PM: Transition Area Closes
**Please note that this schedule is temporary and is subject to change. Please check back periodically. You will receive a pre-race informational email approximately 7-10 days prior to the event. At the same time a link to this information will also be posted on this page.
The wave schedule for the 2013 Lawrence Triathlon will be posted one week prior to the race.
The final decision on whether or not wetsuits will be legal will be made and announced on race morning, potentially on Friday. Remember, USAT rules permits everyone to wear a wetsuit without penalty up to and including a water temperature of 78 degrees. When the water temperature is greater than 78 degrees, but less than 84 degrees, age group participants may wear a suit at their own discretion, but will not be eligible for awards or prizes. For any temperatures greater than 84 degrees, no participants will be allowed to wear a wetsuit.
We strongly encourage all athletes to check in during the scheduled Athlete Check-In times prior to the event date. There will be a race morning check-in open from 5AM to 6:45AM. This is for any athlete that was unable to pick up their materials the day prior to the event. If you do choose to arrive on race morning, be prepared with your photo ID and current USAT membership or $12.00 USD. Without exception the check-in line will be cut off at 6:45AM to allow athletes sufficient time to get set up in the transition area. It is mandatory for all athletes to check-in themselves.
For relay teams: all team members must check-in to participate in this event. If all team members are not present at the same time at check-in, the present team member will only receive the materials to complete their portion of the event. In order to participate, ALL team members must complete the check-in process.
Per USAT rules, all athletes are required to pick up their own packet. You WILL NOT be able to pick up another individual's packet. Please come prepared with your photo ID and your VALID USAT membership card (if you are an annual member). There will be NO exceptions made for this rule. Join USAT to avoid these fees!
Please follow these simple instructions carefully to ensure you are timed properly:
• Transponders are non-transferable! Be careful not to switch your timing chip with other participants.
• The timing chip must be worn on your ankle at all times or you will not be scored in the event. If you wear it on your wrist, on your bike, in your pocket, etc., you will not be scored.
• Your timing chip will be removed by volunteers once you have crossed the finish line. Be sure your chip is turned in at that time or at some point before you leave the race. Failure to return a chip will result in a $125 replacement fee charge.
• If you find you still have your timing chip after the race, please put it in a padded envelope and mail to:
A Special Timing Note for Relay Teams: Teams will transfer their timing chip in the transition area. The last member of the team should wear the race number on the run leg. We recommend using a race belt for easy transfer. The timing chip must be worn on the ankle of each team member at all times while racing.
Refund Policy: Due to the number of race transfer requests and cancellations that occur in the weeks prior to a race we have adopted the following policy that is in accordance with USAT Policy. Refunds will NOT be issued after a registration has taken place. Considerable effort goes into producing an event such as a triathlon and funds are expended and applied in good faith based on a registration. If you would like to change your registration from the Sprint distance to the International distance, you will be charged for the difference in price at the time of the change. If you would like to change your registration from the International distance to the Sprint distance, you will not be refunded the difference in price.
Weather Policy: In the event of inclement weather, the event will be postponed as long as possible in hopes the inclement weather will pass. No refunds or transfers will be issued if the event is canceled due to inclement weather.
Parking Information: Parking Information: Designated parking areas will be available as close as possible to the Transition area. Please follow parking attendants and allow yourself plenty of time.
Spectator Information:Spectator Information: Please plan to watch the event from the race site. Any additional traffic on the course only adds to your inconvenience and could compromise your safety, as well as the athletes' safety.
International and Sprint Distance Race Categories:
• Male & Female Age Groups: 5-Year Increments (14 & Under, 15-19, 20-24, 25-29, 30-34, 35-39, 40-44, 45-49, 50-54, 55-59, 60-64, 65-69, 70-74 and 75-79, and 80 )& Over
• Relay Team Division (One Combined Division)
*Specific permission from the Race Director is required for all entrants under 15 years old.
• Awards will be presented to the Top Three+ in each age group in all three races
• Awards will be presented to the Top Three Triathlon Teams
• You must be present at the award ceremony to receive your award. We will not be mailing awards in 2013!
Information coming soon.
The 2013 Lawrence Triathlon is sanctioned with USA Triathlon. USA Triathlon competition rules will apply. The complete list of rules can be found at http://www.usatriathlon.org/. Each participant will need to either be an Annual USAT Member ($45) or purchase a single-event membership ($12) prior to the race. You may do so online or at the race site.
We have positions of all kinds where volunteers can see the start, portions of the race and even the finish. Nearly 100% of all unsolicited racer comments include praise for our volunteers; this is truly what makes these events possible. The racers really appreciate your time because they know and realize they could not pursue this sport without volunteers. If you are interested in volunteering, please take a second to fill out our Volunteer Inquiry Form.