• Each participant in the Epic Mud Run will receive:
- A killer Epic Mud Run Shirt!
- Finisher Item
- Did we say a few complementary beverages? Oh yes we did!
- Race bibs and wrist bands
- More fun than you should be allowed to have
- Even more to come!
• Epic Get Fit, Inc. – Is your company looking for an exciting, low cost, health focused and extremely fun team building opportunity? Is your company prepared to get dirty doing it? Our new Get Fit Inc. program offers just this and we make it super simple. Visit the Get Fit, Inc. information page for all the details and share with your employer. Only $49 each!
• FREE Course and Finish Photos – No paying for your event photos withUltramax Sports. You will be able to download and share all your photos after the race. We will also have a photo backdrop tent set up for group, company or team photos. Course photos for Epic After Dark will be a little limited. Maybe we can find an infrared camera.
• Free Gear Check Area
• Parking – Low cost parking fee only $5 per vehicle. This year you have the option to purchase your parking pass online when you register! Pay for parking now so you don't have to on race day. (You must have your receipt with you when you arrive.)
• You have the option to be timed this year! Choose at the time of registration whether or not you would like to wear a timing chip.
• Changing Tents and Showers
• Additional food & beverage services will be available
• Two hydration stations on the course
• Epic Mud Run Jr. – Now the kids can join in on the muddy fun! We have several course options for kids 12 and under. Parents can go along with kids while they do the course. We strongly recommend this for 8 and under. It will be a great time to spend with your child. (We are leaving the lower age limits up to the parents, as that is the way it should be. They should know what their kids are capable of. With that said, we will do our best to design the course for ages 12 and under).
• Even more to come! Follow us on Facebook to be the first to know!
Two races on the same day? This is crazy, and we know it. Epic After Dark will offer the same amazing race features, live music, free adult beverages and more. The difference is, we do it at night, under the moonlight (and with headlights, of course)!
Does this radical introduction grab your attention? Wait, it gets better! Epic After Dark is sure to get your adrenaline flowing and your blood pumping as we send you out into the darkness.
How It Works: The first wave of Epic After Dark launches on Sunday night after the Epic Mud Run at 8:00 PM. Every 20 minutes, we will release the next wave. Each Epic After Dark wave will open for registration once the previous one fills.
Epic Mud Run in the daylight is amazing in itself. Epic After Dark will be insane and maybe just a bit scary! Think about it for a minute: The "Moonshiner Deep Woods Track" and the new Fear Fest extension will take on a very new twist in the dark. Epic After Dark is certainly not for the weak spirited or scaredy-cats...especially those who are afraid of the dark. Come prepared to be nervous and challenged!
Do you have access and influence to lots of people?
Do you want a FREE entry to the 2014 Epic After Dark and Epic Mud Run?
Do you want to earn cold hard cash!
The Epic Mud Run is looking for a few fun, energetic, and outgoing individuals to become Epic Champions! We are giving our Epic Champions the opportunity to earn a FREE Epic Combo Entry and, more importantly, cold hard cash!
It's simple. we want our Epic Champions to go out into the world and offer a great entry discount code to their friends, family, and basically anyone you can reach. To make it easier, we've made your discount code worth almost 20% off each individual entry!
It's SUPER EASY, each time someone signs up using your specific entry code, you'll earn rewards and cash! Click below to see all the details and to get started today. Only 10 days to go! Being an Epic Champion is simple, powerful, and big fun!
Are you looking to better your mud racing experience or just want to have a blast working out? Sign up for our Epic Bootcamp - a 6 week training program specifically designed for Epic Mud Run.
• Discounted entry into Epic Mud Run or Epic After Dark
• 6 Week Training Camp/12 Sessions Total
• Epic Training Shirt
• Dry run of course
*20 person max per class. Additional time slots may be added as classes fill
ALL FOR ONLY $169
Program will meet at a variety of locations to fully equip participants in different types of terrain and training. Locations will be announced when online registration closes.
Participants can choose M/W @ 5:45PM or T/H @ 7:00AM. First session starts on July 21st or July 22nd. Specific details will be emailed to you.
EPIC Boot Camp will be conducted by Coach B:
Performance Enhancement Specialist and Certified Personal Trainer with the National Association of Sports Medicine. Eight years in the ARNG. Member of the Tough Mudder Legion (Team Leader and multiple finisher). Completed large variety of obstacle course races and mud runs including: EPIC Mud Run, Warrior Dash, Tough Mudder and Military Obstacle Runs. Email Coach B with specific training questions
Ultramax Sports is proud to partner with Rockbridge Brewery as the official beer of Ultramax Sports.
Based out of Columbia, MO Rockbridge Brewery is the first production micro brewery in the city. You can find their craft beers mostly around the Columbia area but are soon expanding to Kansas City and St. Louis.
Ultramax Sports is excited to team up once again with the Children's Miracle Network and The University of Missouri Children's Hospital. They are one of the official charity partners of the Epic Mud Run III and Epic Mud Run After Dark. Please consider the extra $5 donation option when you sign up.
The Children's Miracle Network is a year-round fundraising program to benefit hospitals providing healthcare for children. Created by the Osmond Foundation in 1983, the Children's Miracle Network has grown to include 170 hospitals throughout the United States, Canada, and Mexico. Your support of the Children's Miracle Network is critically important to University of Missouri Children's Hospital.
University of Missouri Children's Hospital serves patients from every county in Missouri. With over 30 pediatric subspecialties, a pediatric ICU, adolescent unit and child life therapy, as well as teams equipped and dedicated solely to transporting infants and children, MU Children's Hospital is mid-Missouri's largest and most comprehensive pediatric health care facility.
Epic Mud Run - Sunday, August 31, 2014 – First wave starts at 2:20PM
Epic After Dark - Sunday, August 31, 2014 – First wave starts at 8:00PM
* Both Epic courses will be approximately 3 – 3.75 Miles
Epic Mud Run Jr. - Sunday, August 31, 2014 – First wave starts at 1:00PM
Event Location: (Includes All Events) Midway Travel Plaza - Columbia MO - Click here for directions.
Epic Course: A course description will be posted soon!
Epic Mud Run Jr.: Epic Mud Run Jr. will make its return in 2014! We had so many kids take part last year, that this year we're planning on making the junior race even better. The junior version is designed for those smaller tikes that like to get muddy. Of course, parents will be allowed to run alongside and support their little ones. The junior course distance will vary to accommodate the age of the kid divisions. The longest Epic Jr. course will be roughly 1 mile long, with several tamed-down obstacles. Epic Mud Run Jr. will not present any difficult or high off-the-ground challenges. There will be a little running/walking, a little mud, a little water and a whole lot of fun as they get to finish in front of the crowd. They will get their own shirt to show off their accomplishment. We have worked hard to keep the fees low so the whole family can participate. VERY IMPORTANT - For those participants who are under 18 years old, parents/guardians must report to packet pickup with their kids to sign the waiver - No exceptions will be made to this policy.
• Epic After Dark – This after dark version held Sunday night is limited to the first 1,200.
• Epic Mud Run Jr. - Limited to 600 kids. Two waves will be dedicated to those ages 8-12 and another two dedicated to those 7 and under (300 kids each). This will fill fast!
• Epic Mud Run - The race is limited to the first 5,000 - Mud races around the country fill very fast. Don't wait too long! You will want to take advantage of early entry discounts! You must register early to reserve the wave you want!
Combo Entry: Register for both Epic Mud Run and Epic After Dark at the same time for only $100 ($120 prior to 6/30)
Epic & Epic After Dark, Individual Adult Entry Fees:
• Individual Discounted Entry Prior to 6/30/14 = $59
• Individual Entry Thru 8/30/14 = $65
• Individual Race Day Registration = $70
EPIC Bootcamp Package:
• Includes Epic or After Dark Entry = $169
4-Person Adult Team Entry = $195 - All team members are required to sign up at the same time and race in the same wave.
Epic Junior Sunday Individual Entry Fee:
• Early Entry Prior to 8/29/14 = $25
• Individual Race Day Registration = $35
Epic Junior Plus Individual Epic Adult Entry:
• Early Entry Prior to 8/29/14 = $80
• Race Day Registration = $90
Get Fit, Inc.: (Applies to both Epic Mud Run and Epic After Dark start waves)
For one flat fee of $49 per registrant and a minimum of five teammates, your company can participate in the third annual Epic Mud Run by signing up for the Get Fit, Inc. program. Visit the Get Fit, Inc. page for registration information. You can utilize the Get Fit Inc. program for Epic After Dark!
**The entry fees listed do not include any credit card or online processing fees.
• Option #1: Reserve your wave! - Click one of the buttons below to register online.
• Option #2: Download and print out the Epic Mud Run registration form. Fill it out and mail with payment to: Ultramax Sports - 7430 West Highway 40, Columbia, MO 65202. Be sure to complete the waiver! - Manual form coming soon!
• Option #3: Simply stop by one of the three Ultramax Sports retail stores and sign up. Visit our retail website to learn more information about Active Rewards and to find the Ultramax Sports location closest to you!
Important Ultramax T-Shirt Policy: In order to keep our late fees lower and due to supply levels and printing constraints you must register on or before 8/17 to be guaranteed to receive your shirt at packet pickup. If you register after 8/17 you may not recieve a shirt when you pick up your packet.
Compare our early entry fee to other mud runs:
(Hint: EPIC is cheaper, and did we mention better shirts, better finisher items, more mud, free beer, $5 parking, no spectator fees...the list goes on and on!)
• Warrior Dash = $65+
• Spartan Race = $115+
• Muddy Buddy Run = $75+
• Savage Race = $85+
• Rugged Maniac Mud Run = $78+
• EPIC MUD RUN = ONLY $59 If you register early!
Saturday, August 31, 2014:
• 11:00AM - 7:30PM: Packet Pickup & New Registration @ The Race Site - Midway Travel Plaza - Columbia MO - Click here for directions.
*Please Note: You must have your packet picked up prior to 45 minutes before your assigned wave start. No packet pickups will be allowed within 45 minutes of your wave start time – NO EXCEPTIONS – DON’T BE LATE – NO PACKET, NO RACE – NO REFUNDS – PLEASE ALLOW FOR DELAYS AND LINES. You will be allowed to pick up other participant's packets.
• 1:00PM: Epic Mud Run Jr. Waves Start (See below for schedule)
• 2:20PM: Epic Mud Run Waves Start (See below for schedule)
• 8:00PM: Epic After Dark Waves Start (See below for schedule)
*This schedule is temporary and is subject to change. Please check back periodically.
A Message about Waviers: All athletes will sign a waiver on race day before entering the start corral. You must sign the waiver before you will be allowed to race. There will be waiver signing stations set up at the corral entrance. If you are under 18, parents/guardians must sign the waiver. If your parent/guardian did not sign your waiver, you cannot race. You can bring a signed waiver with you to the race. This applies for both Epic After Dark and Epic Mud Run. DOWNLOAD THE WAIVER HERE (Coming Soon)
• IMPORTANT - Register early so you can choose the wave you want to start in! This option allows you to race with your friends and family. Wave starts will be available on a first-come first-registered basis.
• Each start wave is limited (see below). You will select your wave at the time of registration. Remember, they will be filled on a first-come basis. When a wave is full, it will be closed and will no longer be available for registration.
• Once a wave is full, we reserve the right to move mail-in or dropped-off registrations to the next available wave. • Individuals and teams may start in the same waves. Remember, if you choose to be timed, your race time is based on chip time, not gun time. This means winners can come from any wave, so don’t stop running. It will come down to fractions of a second.
• Waves will be color-coded according to your wristband. You will be given your wristband at the time of packet pickup. You must not remove your wristband. If you don’t have your wristband on, you will not receive finisher items, post-race food, or beer.
• Epic Mud Run reserves the right to add additional waves and start times to accommodate increased registrations.
Epic Mud Run Sunday Wave Start Schedule:
• Wave #1: 2:20PM
• Wave #2: 2:40PM
• Wave #3: 3:00PM
• Wave #4: 3:20PM
• Wave #5: 3:40PM
• Wave #6: 4:00PM
• Wave #7: 4:20PM
• Wave #8: 4:40PM
Epic Jr. Sunday Wave Start Schedule:
• Jr. Wave #1: 1:00PM
• Jr. Wave #2: 1:20PM
Epic After Dark Wave Start Schedule:
*Register early to get the wave you want.
You select the wave at time of registration.
• Open Wave #1: 8:00PM
• Open Wave #2: 8:20PM
The Race Rules - Yes, they do appy to you!:
• Shoes covering the entire foot (not sandals) are required for all participants. You must wear shoes for the entire course, including the finish line. You will be disqualified if you are not wearing both shoes. Please do not use duct tape to keep your shoes on, but tie them tight.
• No diving headfirst into any obstacles. Feet first only - NO EXCEPTIONS. You will be removed from the course.
• This is a race to each obstacle. This means that if there are any lines or backups at an obstacle, you must wait in the line until your turn. With that said, we have taken significant measures to eliminate the probability of lines at the obstacles. The obstacles and course have been designed to avoid excessive backups.
• You are permitted to help your teammates or anyone else for that matter. If someone needs help, help them. Maybe they will buy you a beer later!
• No hostile contact or interference will be allowed at any time
• No profanity or lewd behavior...hey, we have kids in this event.
• Last, but not least, thank at least 5 volunteers for helping make this race a great time!
• IPICO Timing System - Chips will be in your race packet at packet pickup. Please follow the simple instructions on the packet carefully. Not wearing the transponder properly may prevent you from being timed.
• Transponders are non-transferable - be careful not to switch with other participants.
• The chip must be on your shoe at all times or you will not be scored in the event. Your timing chip will be removed by volunteers once you reach the finish line.
• Failure to return a chip will result in disqualification from all future events owned or timed by Ultramax. In addition, you will be charged a $20 replacement fee. If you find you still have your timing chip after the race, please mail it to:
Ultramax Sports Productions
7430 West Highway 40
Columbia, MO 65202
Contact Us Here
The awards process with this event is tremendously complicated with the number of wave starts and people needing and wanting to leave before awards can be generated. We decided we will not do individual or team awards at the race site. We are going to go one step further. Instead of handing out some trinket, we are giving our division winners something of real value.
First Place in each of the following individual entry age groups will get $25 off their 2015 race entry. This is better than an award and it makes it a no-brainer to race with us in 2014! Due to the nature of the wave start format we will contact the winners via email and get you your entry code, so make sure you give us your email address when you register!
Age categories for Epic Mud Run & Epic After Dark: 14 and Under, 15-19, 20-24, 25-29, 30-34, 35-39, 40-44, 45-49, 50-54, 55-59, 60-64, 65-69, 70-74, 75-79, 80 & over.
4-Person Team Awards (Epic Mud Run Only):
Male 4-Person Teams - Winning Team gets $50 off Team Entry in 2015
Female 4-Person Teams - Winning Team gets $50 off Team Entry in 2015
Coed 4-Person Teams - Winning Team gets $50 off Team Entry in 2015
*Due to the nature of the wave start format we will contact the winners via email and get you your entry code.
There will be a very small $5 per vehicle parking fee to enter the event grounds. This year you can purchase your $5 parking pass when you register! Please carpool if possible, we will be parking a crazy number of cars!
Holiday Executive Center
220 I - 70 Dr.
Columbia, MO 65203
900 I - 70 Dr. SW
Columbia, MO 65203
1010 W Business Loop 70
Columbia, MO 65202
Refund Policy: 50% of your entry fee will be refunded up until 30 days from race date. Refunds are not available for any reason, other than active military service, less than 30 days prior to an event. Event entries are transferable between persons, Event entries ARE NOT transferable between events or years. We are sorry but we will not be able to make exceptions will to this policy. By registering for this event you agree to these refund terms. To request a refund or transfer to another person simply fill out and submit a form on our Contact Us Page.
Weather Policy: In the event of inclement weather, the event will be postponed as long as possible in hopes the inclement weather will pass. If the event is cancelled a 25% credit for next year will be issued for all registered and paid in full participants in the 2014 event. No refunds or transfers will be issued if the event is cancelled due to inclement weather.
We will have a dry and secure gear check area available at the race site. We will keep your small-secured bag for you while you race and enjoy the event. You must bring your own bag, as we will not be providing them for you. Make sure your bag is labeled clearly with your information. Do not put anything of value in your bag; the Epic Mud Run is not responsible for lost or stolen items. Discarded items and bags not picked up will be donated to a local charity. Arrive early to check your bags. Your wristband will be your identification to retrieve your bag.
Want to earn a free Epic individual entry? Sign up to volunteer for Epic After Dark or one of the early shifts for Epic Mud Run on Sunday and you will earn your free race entry in to one of the Epic Mud Run afternoon waves. When you report to volunteer, you will get your race packet for Sunday afternoon. Volunteer for a few hours and get your free race entry. We have a limited number of free entry volunteer spots and we have a special link for you to sign up for this offer. When they are gone, they are gone - COMING SOON!