Introducing: Epic After Dark
Two races on the same weekend! This is crazy, and we know it. Epic After Dark will offer the same amazing race features, live music, free adult beverages and more. The difference is, we do it at night, under the moonlight (and with headlights, of course)!
Does this radical introduction grab your attention? Wait, it gets better! Epic After Dark is sure to get your adrenaline flowing and your blood pumping as we send you out into the darkness.
How It Works: The first wave of Epic After Dark launches on Saturday night at 8:30PM (the night before Epic Mud Run). Every ten minutes, we will release the next wave. Each Epic After Dark wave will open for registration once the previous one fills. Epic After Dark is very limited and the registration fee will increase as the race fills. This is very unique, so act fast before waves fill and the prices increase! See registration fee schedule below.
Epic Mud Run in the daylight is amazing in itself. Epic After Dark will be insane and maybe just a bit scary! Think about it for a minute: The "Moonshiner Deep Woods Track" and the new Fear Fest extension will take on a very new twist in the dark. Epic After Dark is certainly not for the weak spirited or scaredy-cats...especially those who are afraid of the dark. Come prepared to be nervous and challenged!
Now you have two Epic options to choose from! What if you can't choose between the two? No problem! Do both! We've made it easy for you to sign up for both days of racing at once. We created Epic After Dark to give you another fun and unique option. Two days of Epic is perfect for those considering traveling in from out of town.
Maybe you live out of town or you just can't get enough mud, sweat, and tears. The Epic Mud Run two-race combo entry is the perfect opportunity to test your strength and your fear of the dark. This two-race combo will make it worth the trip and hotel. The discount for participating on both days even pays for your gas!
Are you already signed up for Epic Mud Run on Sunday? Just email us to get your $30 entry code for Epic After Dark. It's that easy! Contact Us.
Event Date: Epic After Dark - Saturday, Night, August 31, 2013 – First wave starts at 8:30PM
Event Location: Midway Travel Plaza - Columbia MO - Click here for directions.
Epic Course: A course description will be posted soon!
Limited Entry: This after dark version held Saturday night is limited to the first 1,200. Be sure to check the pricing, it has a new creative structure.
• Headlamps are required for Epic After Dark. NO EXCEPTIONS – This is for your safety and so that we can see everyone out on the course. Trust us, you will want one when you enter the Fear Fest Zombie Zone. It will also enhance your Epic After Dark experience. We will have a limited number of headlamps available for sale at the event if you don't have one or forget.
• New Creative Entry Fee Structure - See below for this unique entry fee structure. Saturday's event is limited to 1,200 entries. The key is to register early to get the best rates!
• Each participant in Epic After Dark will receive a killer shirt! (Designs soon to come) - Register for both Epic Races and receive both race shirts!
• Finisher Glass - We give you this glass to enjoy your free adult beverages! Yes, the beer is on us! Try to find that at ANY other event.
• Did we say complementary beverages? Oh, yes we did!
• Live Music
• New For 2013 – Air Force Development Fund – Are you between 17 & 27 years old? Do you want to race Epic for free? It's simple, just apply for one of 200 free entries. Yes, you read that correctly. The Air Force is giving away $10,000 in free entries to Epic Mud Run and Epic After Dark. Check out the details here!
• Epic Get Fit, Inc. – Is your company looking for an exciting, low cost, health focused and extremely fun team building opportunity? Is your company prepared to get dirty doing it? Our new Get Fit Inc. program offers just this and we make it super simple. Visit the Get Fit, Inc. information page for all the details and share with your employer.
• Free Gear Check Area
• Parking – Low-cost parking fee only $5 per vehicle. This year you have the option to purchase your parking pass online when you register! Pay for parking now so you don't have to on race day. (You must have your receipt with you when you arrive.). Are you racing both days? If so, your parking pass will be valid for both days, so you only need to purchase one!
• We give you the option to be timed! Choose at the time of registration whether or not you would like to wear a timing chip. Those wearing a chip will be eligible for awards.
• Changing tents and showers.
• Additional food & beverage services will be available.
• Separate Start Line Celebrations & Features - The start line and wave process is a big part of Epic and we take it to the next level this year.
Combo Entry: Register for both Epic Mud Run and Epic After Dark at the same time for only $85
• The First 200 Epic After Dark individual entries are only $55 (The first 200 will also receive our new Epic Mud Run Promo shirt. They can be picked up at any Ultramax Sports location, after July 1st. You will get an email receipt to use when they are ready, you must bring that receipt with you to the store)
• 201 to 400 entries = $60
• 401+ registrants = $65
Please Note: Epic After Dark is limited to 1,200 Entries. The key is to register early to get the best rates.
• Option #1: Reserve your wave! - Click the button below to register online.
• Option #2: Download and print out the Epic After Dark PDF registration form. Fill it out and either drop it off or mail in with payment to: Ultramax Sports - 2902 Forum Blvd. Suite 101, Columbia, MO 65203. Be sure to complete the waiver!
• Option #3: Register at any Ultramax Sports location and get a free $10 Gift Card. This is our way of saying thanks for your support. The Gift Card is good on your very next visit to Ultramax Sports. Simply stop by one of the three Ultramax Sports retail stores and sign up. Visit one of our stores to learn more information about Active Rewards!
Saturday, August 31, 2013:
• 2:00PM - 10:00PM: Packet Pickup & New Registration @ The Race Site - Midway Travel Plaza - Columbia, MO
• 8:30PM - Epic After Dark Wave One Starts*
*Important Epic After Dark Note: You must have your packet picked up prior to 45 minutes before your assigned wave start. NO packet pickups will be allowed within 45 minutes of your wave start time – NO EXCEPTIONS – DON’T BE LATE – NO PACKET, NO RACE – NO REFUNDS – Please allow for lines and delays. You will be allowed to pick other participant's packets up.
Sunday, September 1, 2013:
• 8:00AM - ???: Packet Pickup & New Registration @ The Race Site - Midway Travel Plaza - Columbia, MO
*Please Note: You must have your packet picked up prior to 45 minutes before your assigned wave start. No packet pickups will be allowed within 45 minutes of your wave start time – NO EXCEPTIONS – DON’T BE LATE – NO PACKET, NO RACE – NO REFUNDS – PLEASE ALLOW FOR DELAYS AND LINES. You will be allowed to pick up other participant's packets.
• 9:00AM: Air Force Elite Wave Start Time - Limited to 17-27 year olds
• 9:15AM: Epic Mud Run Competitive Waves Start (See below for schedule)
• 12:00PM: Epic Mud Run Jr. Waves Start (See below for schedule)
• 1:00PM: Epic Mud Run Open Waves Start (See below for schedule)
*This schedule is temporary and is subject to change. Please check back periodically.
A Message about Waviers: All athletes will sign a waiver on race day before entering the start corral. You must sign the waiver before you will be allowed to race. There will be waiver signing stations set up at the corral entrance. If you are under 18, parents/guardians must sign the waiver. If your parent/guardian did not sign your waiver, you cannot race. You can bring a signed waiver with you to the race. This applies for both Epic After Dark and Epic Mud Run. DOWNLOAD THE WAIVER HERE (Coming Soon)
Epic After Dark Saturday Wave Start Information:
• IMPORTANT - Register early to get in the early evening waves.
• Each After Dark wave is limited (see below). The waves will be filled on a first-come basis. When a wave is full, it will be closed and the next wave will be opened!
• Once a wave is full, we reserve the right to move mail-in or dropped-off registrations to the next available wave.
• Waves will be color-coded according to your wristband. You will be given your wristband at the time of packet pickup. You must not remove your wristband. If you don’t have your wristband on, you will not receive finisher items, post-race food, or beer. You must start in your assigned wave.
• Epic After Dark reserves the right to add additional waves to accommodate increased registrations.
Epic After Dark Wave Start Schedule:
• Wave #1: 8:30PM - Limit 100 - (Open Now)
• Wave #2: 8:40PM - Limit 100 - (Open Now)
• Wave #3: 8:50PM - Limit 100 - (Open Now)
• Wave #4: 9:00PM - Limit 100 - (Closed For Now)
• Wave #5: 9:10PM - Limit 100 - (Closed For Now)
• Wave #6: 9:20PM - Limit 100 - (Closed For Now)
• Wave #7: 9:30PM - Limit 100 - (Closed For Now)
• Wave #8: 9:40PM - Limit 100 - (Closed For Now)
• Wave #9: 9:50PM - Limit 100 - (Closed For Now)
• Wave #10: 10:00PM - Limit 100 - (Closed For Now)
• Wave #11: 10:10PM - Limit 100 - (Closed For Now)
• Wave #12: 10:20PM - Limit 100 - (Closed For Now)
*Waves will open as the previous one is closed.
There will be a very small $5 per vehicle parking fee to enter the event grounds. This year you can purchase your $5 parking pass when you register! Please carpool if possible, we will be parking a crazy number of cars!
The Race Rules (Yes, they do appy to you!):
• Headlamps are required for Epic After Dark - NO EXCEPTIONS. This is for your safety. Trust us, you will need one and want one when you enter the Fear Fest Zombie Zone. It will also greatly improve your Epic After Dark experience.
• Shoes covering the entire foot (not sandals) are required for all participants. You must wear shoes for the entire course, including the finish line. You will be disqualified if you are not wearing both shoes. Please do not use duct tape to keep your shoes on, but tie them tight.
• No diving headfirst into any obstacles. Feet first only - NO EXCEPTIONS. You will be removed from the course.
• This is a race to each obstacle. This means that if there are any lines or backups at an obstacle, you must wait in the line until your turn. With that said, we have taken significant measures to eliminate the probability of lines at the obstacles. The obstacles and course have been designed to avoid excessive backups.
• You are permitted to help your teammates or anyone else for that matter.
• No hostile contact or interference will be allowed at any time
• No profanity or lewd behavior...hey, we have kids in this event.
• Last, but not least, thank at least 5 volunteers for helping make this race a great time!
• IPICO Timing System - Chips will be in your race packet at packet pickup. Please follow the simple instructions on the packet carefully. Not wearing the transponder properly may prevent you from being timed.
• Transponders are non-transferable - be careful not to switch with other participants.
• The chip must be on your shoe at all times or you will not be scored in the event. Your timing chip will be removed by volunteers once you reach the finish line.
• Failure to return a chip will result in disqualification from all future events owned or timed by Ultramax. In addition, you will be charged a $20 replacement fee. If you find you still have your timing chip after the race, please mail it to:
Ultramax Sports Productions
2902 Forum Blvd. Suite 101
Columbia, MO 65203
Contact Us Here
The awards process with this event is tremendously complicated with the number of wave starts and people needing and wanting to leave before awards can be generated. We decided we will not do individual or team awards at the race site. We are going to go one step further. Instead of handing out some trinket, we are giving our division winners something of real value.
For Epic After Dark, First Place finishers in each individual entry age groups will get $25 off their 2014 race entry. This is better than an award and it makes it a no-brainer to race with us in 2014! Due to the nature of the wave start format we will contact the winners via email and get you your entry code, so make sure you give us your email address when you register!
Age categories for Epic After Dark: 14 and Under, 15-19, 20-24, 25-29, 30-34, 35-39, 40-44, 45-49, 50-54, 55-59, 60-64, 65-69, 70-74, 75-79, 80 & over.
*Due to the nature of the wave start format we will contact the winners via email and get you your entry code.
Refund Policy: 50% of your entry fee will be refunded up until 30 days from race date. Refunds are not available for any reason, other than active military service, less than 30 days prior to an event. Event entries are transferable between persons, Event entries ARE NOT transferable between events or years. We are sorry but we will not be able to make exceptions will to this policy. By registering for this event you agree to these refund terms. To request a refund or transfer to another person simply fill out and submit a form on our Contact Us Page.
Weather Policy: In the event of inclement weather, the event will be postponed as long as possible in hopes the inclement weather will pass. If the event is cancelled a 25% credit for next year will be issued for all registered and paid in full participants in the 2013 event. No refunds or transfers will be issued if the event is cancelled due to inclement weather.
We will have a dry and secure gear check area available at the race site. We will keep your small-secured bag for you while you race and enjoy the event. You must bring your own bag, as we will not be providing them for you. Make sure your bag is labeled clearly with your information. Do not put anything of value in your bag; the Epic Mud Run is not responsible for lost or stolen items. Discarded items and bags not picked up will be donated to a local charity. Arrive early to check your bags. Your wristband will be your identification to retrieve your bag.
The Ultramax Championship Series launched in 2004 and starts over with each new season. The series is a competition comprised of Ultramax owned races and a select few of Missouri's best events. Participants are awarded points at each Ultramax Series Race based on their individual finish time versus the overall amateur's finish time. Must like the USAT rankings, events in the series have a multiplier based on the specific event. You must be a USAT annual member before the first event of the series in order to be eligible to compete. See the Series page for complete scoring information!
New For 2013 – Want to earn a free Epic individual entry? Sign up to volunteer for Epic After Dark or one of the early shifts for Epic Mud Run on Sunday and you will earn your free race entry in to one of the Epic Mud Run afternoon waves. We will reserve slots for volunteers in wave #4 on Sunday (2:00PM) only for those with free entries. When you report to volunteer, you will get your race packet for Sunday afternoon. Volunteer for a few hours and get your free race entry. We have a limited number of free entry volunteer spots and we have a special link for you to sign up for this offer. When they are gone, they are gone. Sign up now!