Fresh Ideas is a dynamic food service management company, with headquarters located in Columbia. Their corporate leadership is available for on-site visitation seven days a week. Their market concentration in Missouri is very focused on Academic Institutions as well as Business and Industry accounts.
Fresh Ideas' extensive staff of talented chefs and expert food service professionals provide the freshest, highest quality, best tasting, full-service food operation in the Midwest. They are committed to making every aspect of your food service healthy and wonderfully satisfying, while meeting your financial objectives and sustainability of our communities and our world.
THINK DIFFERENTLY. TREAT DIFFERENTLY.
To say that the Precision Health Group are chiropractors or back pain & soft tissue specialists or even provide transformative rehabilitation & musculoskeletal care through physical therapy would be to leave out the most important part of the job.
Precision Health Group treats beyond the body. We work toward a common purpose with an unrelenting commitment to return our patients to health with rapid, accurate treatment that reaches what's important to our patients, regardless of what it takes. We relieve the back pain and the joint pain. It is the result and it is the pursuit. WE ARE RELENTLESS.
Ultramax Sports is happy to announce Precision Health Group as the title sponsor of the 2013 Fresh Ideas St. Louis 5150 Triathlon! For more information about what they do and who they are, please visit their website: precisionhealthstl.com.
Innsbrook is nestled in the forested hills of Warren County on more than 8,000 acres with over 100 lakes. Less than an hour drive west of St. Louis, the development consists of a residential and recreational living community, resort condominiums, conference center, golf course, restaurant, and stables.
Innsbrook was built out of an admiration for the simple, rejuvenating powers of Mother Nature. Her water, her land, her flora and fauna... they are respected here. Centered around this respect is a commitment to family. We hope you enjoy your visit...and perhaps you'll find you don't want to leave!
Ultramax Sports is so thrilled to have such an amazing backdrop to host this world-class multi-sport race. Experience Innsbrook for yourself. Visit their website to learn more about the resort - www.innsbrook-resort.com.
Event Date: Saturday, June 29, 2013
• 5150: 7:30AM
• Sprint: 8:00AM
Event Classification: 5i50 & Sprint Triathlon
• 5150 = 1.5K Swim - 40K Bike - 10K Run
• Sprint Triathlon = 500-Yard Swim - 16-Mile Bike - 3-Mile Run
5i50 Entry Fees Schedule:
• Early Entry Discount through 1/31/2013 = $85
• Prior to 6/14/2013 = $95
• Through Race Day = $100
Three-Person 5150 Relay Team = $99
Sprint Triathlon Entry Fee Schedule:
• Early Entry Discount through 1/31/2013 = $75
• Prior to 6/14/2013 = $85
• Through Race Day = $90
**If you are not a USA Triathlon annual member you will be required to pay the $12 single-event fee. Join USAT to avoid these fees!
*The entry fees listed do not include any credit card or online processing fees.
• Option #1: Register online now! Click the button below to begin:
• Option #2: Download and print out the PDF registration form below by clicking on the blue button. Fill it out and either drop it off or mail in with payment to: Ultramax Sports - 2902 Forum Blvd. Suite 101, Columbia, MO 65203 Be sure to complete the waiver before you turn it in!
•Option #3: Simply stop by one of the three Ultramax Sports retail stores and sign up. Remember, if you register at one of our retail locations, you will receive Active Rewards! For every $250 you spend at the store, you will receive $30 to use toward anything in the store, including other Ultramax Events. Visit our retail website to learn more information about Active Rewards and to find the Ultramax Sports location closest to you!
Important Ultramax T-Shirt Policy: In order to keep our late fees lower and due to supply levels and printing constraints you must register on or before 6/14 to be guaranteed to receive a shirt at packet pickup. If you register after 6/14 you may not receive a shirt when you pick up your packet.
Just some of the highlights at the 2013 St. Louis 5i50 Triathlon:
• Each participant in the 5i50 and Sprint Triathlons will receive a custom-printed unisex technical shirt. (Please review our t-shirt policy above.)
• Top 15 athletes in each age group and established specialty divisions will qualify for the Hy-Vee 5150 U.S. Championship. Visit 5150.com for qualifying information from last year. We will update our website with complete qualifying standards once the 5150 website is updated.
• Finisher Gift
• Overall Male & Female Age Division Awards
• Live Chip-Timed Results provided by Ultramax Sports Timing
• Ultramax Sports Personal Race Results Receipts
• Ultramax Sports Merchandise Expo both Friday and Saturday
• Ultramax Event Support
• As always, take some time to enjoy the beautiful and scenic course through the Innsbrook Resort.
Thursday, June 27, 2013:
• 12:00PM - 7:00PM: Packet Pickup & New Registration @ Swim Bike Run St. Louis
Friday, June 28, 2013:
• 2:00PM - 7:00PM: Packet Pickup & New Registration @ Innsbrook Resort
• 5:30PM - 6:00PM: FREE Open Water Swim Clinic, hosted by Swim Bike Run's Sally Drake. Meet at the beach, wear what you will be wearing on race day. Sally will cover: open water start, sighting technique, drafting, and safety tips.
• 6:00PM: Pro Meeting @ Race Site
Saturday, June 29, 2013:
• 5:30AM - 7:15AM: Packet Pickup & New Registrations
• 5:30AM - 7:15AM: Transition Open - All athletes out by 7:15AM
• 7:30AM: 5150 First Wave Starts
• 8:00AM: Sprint Triathlon First Wave Starts
• 9:00AM: Post Race Festivities Begin
• 10:00AM: Sprint Triathlon Award Ceremony
• 11:00AM: 5150 Triathlon Award Ceremony
• 12:00PM: Course Closes
**Please note that this schedule is still temporary and subject to change. Please check back periodically for updates. You will receive a pre-race informational email approximately 7-10 days prior to the event. At the same time a link to this information will also be posted on this page.
Wave #1: Professional Men @ 7:30AM
Wave #2: Professional Women @ 7:33AM
Wave #3: Age Group Elite @ 7:36AM
Wave #4: Long Course Males 34/Under @ 7:39AM
Wave #5: Long Course Females 39/Under @ 7:42AM
Wave #6: Long Course Males 35-44 @ 7:45AM
Wave #7: Long Course Females 40/Over + Relays @ 7:48AM
Wave #8: Long Course Males 45/Over @ 7:51AM
Wave #9: Long Course Last Wave* @ 7:54AM
Wave #10: Short Course Males 39/Under @ 8:00AM
Wave #11: Short Course Females All @ 8:03AM
Wave #12: Short Course Males 40/Over @ 8:06AM
Wave #13: Short Course Last Wave* @ 8:09AM
*Please note that competing in the Last Wave option makes you ineligible for any age group awards or prizes.
Due to the temperature of the lake being over 78 degrees, wetsuits will not be legal for this race. When the water temperature is greater than 78 degrees, but less than 84 degress, age group particpants may wear a suit at their own discretion, but will not be eligible for awards or prizes. For any temperatures greater than 84 degrees, no participants will be allowed to wear a wetsuit. We will announce the final water temperature on race morning.
Effective January 1, 2013, any swimmer wearing a wetsuit with a thickness measured in any part greater than 5 millimeters shall be disqualified.
For a complete list of approved skin suits, visit: http://www.usatriathlon.org/about-multisport/rulebook/approved-skinsuits.aspx
Per USAT rules, all athletes are required to pick up their own packet. You WILL NOT be able to pick up another individual's packet. Please come prepared with your photo ID and your USAT membership card (if you are an annual member). There will be no exceptions made for this rule. Packets will be available for pickup on Thursday, June 27th at Swim Bike Run St. Louis from 12:00PM to 7:00PM, Friday, June 28th from 2:00PM until 7:00PM at the race site at Innsbrook, as well as on Saturday morning from 5:30AM until 7:15AM at the race site. Be prepared for long lines if you choose to pick your pickup up on race day! If you are not a USA Triathlon annual member you will be required to pay the $12 single-event fee. Join USAT to avoid these fees!
The Fresh Ideas St. Louis 5150 Triathlon is a 5150 qualifying event. The top 15 in each age group are invited to race at the 2013 5150 Hy-Vee U.S. Championship on September 1, 2013 in Des Moines, Iowa. In addition, those finishing in the top 5 in each age group are offered complementary entries into the 2013 5150 Hy-Vee U.S. Championship. For more information on the 5150 Triathlon Series, click HERE.
The Professional Division Prize Purse for the 2013 St. Louis 5150 is courtesty of the U.S. Air Force. A total of $15,000 will be distributed to the Top 5 Male and Female finishers. The distribution between the Top 5 as follows:
• First Place = $3,000
• Second Place = $2,000
• Third Place = $1,250
• Fourth Place = $750
• Fifth Place = $500
A HUGE 'Thank You' goes out to the United States Air Force for contributing to the 2013 Pro Prize Purse at the St. Louis 5150 Triathlon. The mission of the U.S. Air Force is to fly, fight, and win in air, space, and cyberspace. To achieve that mission, the Air Force has a vision of Global Vigilance, Reach, and Power. That vision orbits around three core competencies: developing Airmen, technology to war fighting and integrating operations. These core competencies make their six distinctive capabilities possible. To learn more about these six capabilities and more, please visit www.Airforce.com.
Check out the Pro start list for the St. Louis 5150:
• Jillian Peterson - St. Louis, MO
• Kat Baker - Canberra, ACT
• Abby Guerink - Hudsonville, MI
• Lauren Brandon - Forth Worth, TX
• Annie Warner - Nine Mile Falls, WA
• Lauren Goss - Mount Pleasant, SC
• Amanda Hahn - Sherman Oaks, CA
• Flora Duffy - Boulder, CO
• Jennifer Spieidenner - Findlay, OH
• Morgan Chaffin - Elkhorn, NE
• Maxine Seear - Boulder, CO
• Catherine Jameson - Leicestershire, England
• Daniel Bretscher - Mount Vernon, IA
• Rudy Kahsar - Boulder, CO
• Joshua Amberger - Everton Hills, QLD
• Ryan Frederickson - Wheaton, IL
• Kevin Ryan - Lexington, KY
• Dan Hedgecock - Minneapolis, MN
• Kaleb VanOrt - Mishawaka, IN
• David Thompson - Long Lake, MN
• Michael Poole - Tampa, FL
• Blake Becker - Madison, WI
• Mark Higgins - Tinley Park, IL
• Jake Shoemaker - Stow, MA
• Chris Foster - Redondo Beach, CA
Complete information regarding the Professional Division at the St. Louis 5150 Triathlon can be found at the 5150 Website.
This is for fast age group athletes (usually those who finish in the top of their Age Group). To be eligible for the Age Group Elite category, athletes must furnish proof of completing an international distance event (1.5k swim, 40k bike, 10k run) during 2011 or 2012, with a time below 2:15 for men and below 2:30 for women. The Top 10 in the Age Group Elite category at each of the 5150 qualifying events, qualifies for the Age Group Elite category for the Hy-Vee Triathlon 5150 U.S. Championship.
If you would like to be added to the Age Group Elite category, please email us with your qualifying information.
Ultramax Sports would like to welcome Swim, Bike, Run's very own Sally Drake as the Official Coach of the St. Louis 5150. Take a few minutes to get to know Sally! Visit sbtrishop.com to learn more about her!
Sally is an elite triathlon coach, owner of Swim Bike Run Triathlon Shop and Training Center, and Regional Manager for TrainingBible Coaching. She enjoys coaching triathletes of all levels, with a passion for helping them achieve or exceed their goals.
Sally also believes in guiding athletes to find balance in training and family life and customizes her clients’ training schedules as needed to find this balance.
Her passion for triathlon began in 2000 and after several years of racing and finding that she could inspire others to join the sport, coaching seemed to fit into her life perfectly. She completed her 13th Ironman triathlon in 2010, has finished several half-ironman triathlons, and loves the camaraderie of the local sprints and Olympic distance races.
Join Sally on Friday, June 28 from 5:30PM - 6:00PM for her FREE Open Water Swim Clinic. Meet at the beach, wear what you will be wearing on race day. Sally will cover: open water start, sighting technique, drafting, and safety tips.
Aid Stations: There will be no aid stations on the bike course. Please make sure to have a water and/or sports drink bottle with you on your bike so that you can stay hydrated. There will be several aid stations on the run course, located every 1-1.5 miles. It will be stocked with water, HEED sports drink, and Hammer Gels.
Male & Female Age Group Division: 5-Year Increments (14 & Under, 15-19, 20-24, 25-29, 30-34, 35-39, 40-44, 45-49, 50-54, 55-59, 60-64, 65-69, 70-74 and 75-79, and 80 & Over)
• Clydesdale 39 & Under (Males 220+ lbs.)
• Clydesdale 40 & Over (Males 220+ lbs.)
• Athena 39 & Under (Females 165+ lbs.)
• Athena 40 & Over (Females 165+ lbs.)
• 5i50 Relay Team Division
*Specific Race Director permission is required for all entrants under 15 years old.
• Awards will be presented to the Top Overall Male & Female Champions
• Awards to the Top Three in each age group
• Awards will be presented to the Top Three Relay Teams.
• You must be present at the awards ceremony to receive your award. We will not be able to mail awards in 2013!
Swim Bike Run St. Louis will be on-site for all of your pre-race and race day bike needs! You'll find them at the race site throughout the weekend, as well as along the bike course. Also look for them at the 5150 Expo on Friday and at the race on Saturday! Be sure to visit their store in St. Louis!
Parking Information: Parking will be located at the race site for participants. Most will be parked in the grass next to transition. Excess cars will be parked along West St. Gallen St. (see map). Please be courteous of other athletes and the residents of Innsbrook and follow instructions from parking attendants on where to park on race day. Again, we would like to encourage car pooling! If you can ride with another athlete, please do so.
Spectator Information: Please plan to watch the event from the race site as much as you can. Any additional traffic on the course only adds to your inconvenience and could compromise your safety, as well as the athletes' safety. Spectators without athletes in their car will be directed to park at the Innsbrook Conference Center. A shuttle will transport you between the Conference Center and the race site.
Please follow these simple instructions carefully to ensure you are timed properly:
• Transponders are non-transferable! Be careful not to switch your timing chip with other participants.
• The timing chip must be worn on your ankle at all times or you will not be scored in the event. If you wear it on your wrist, on your bike, in your pocket, etc., you will not be scored.
• Your timing chip will be removed by volunteers once you have crossed the finish line. Be sure your chip is turned in at that time or at some point before you leave the race. Failure to return a chip will result in a $125 replacement fee charge.
• If you find you still have your timing chip after the race, please put it in a padded envelope and mail to:
A Special Timing Note for Teams: Teams will transfer their timing chip in the transition area. The last member of the team should wear the race number on the run leg. We recommend using a race belt for easy transfer. The timing chip must be worn on the ankle of each team member at all times while racing.
Refund Policy: 50% of your entry fee will be refunded up until 30 days from race date. Refunds are not available for any reason, other than active military service, less than 30 days prior to an event. Event entries are transferable between persons, Event entries ARE NOT transferable between events or years. We are sorry but we will not be able to make exceptions will to this policy. By registering for this event you agree to these refund terms. To request a refund or transfer to another person simply fill out and submit a form on our Contact Us Page.
Weather Policy: In the event of inclement weather, the event will be postponed as long as possible in hopes the inclement weather will pass. If the event is cancelled a 25% credit for next year will be issued for all registered and paid in full participants in the 2013 event. No refunds or transfers will be issued if the event is cancelled due to inclement weather.
The Ultramax Championship Series launched in 2004 and starts over with each new season. The series is a competition comprised of Ultramax owned races and a select few of Missouri's best events. Participants are awarded points at each Ultramax Series Race based on their individual finish time versus the overall amateur's finish time. Must like the USAT rankings, events in the series have a multiplier based on the specific event. You must be a USAT annual member before the first event of the series in order to be eligible to compete. See the Series page for complete scoring information!
The 2013 St. Louis 5i50 Triathlon is sanctioned with USA Triathlon. USA Triathlon competition rules will apply. The complete list of rules can be found at http://www.usatriathlon.org/. Each participant will need to either be an Annual USAT Member ($45) or purchase a single-event membership ($12) prior to the race. You may do so online or at the race site.
We have positions of all kinds where volunteers can see the start, portions of the race and even the finish. Nearly 100% of all unsolicited racer comments include praise for our volunteers; this is truly what makes these events possible. The racers really appreciate your time because they know and realize they could not pursue this sport without volunteers. If you are interested in volunteering, please take a second to fill out our Volunteer Inquiry Form.
Gear doesn't make the athlete, but it helps. Come in and let us help you improve today.
Save big today when you register for both Kansas City and St. Louis 5150 races!